Thursday, February 16, 2012

VIDEO: Interscope Records' Jordy Towers can't let go in his video, "Don't Say It's Over"...

Interscope Records' Jordy Towers can't let go in his video, "Don't Say It's Over"

Jordy's music is a hyper, ambitious collision of rock, pop, hip-hop, R&B, and electro influences that showcases Towers’ ability to shift effortlessly between singing and rapping, as well his nimble wordplay and ear for killer hooks.

"...I was alone a lot...My only friends were my hip-hop records. I’d listen to A Tribe Called Quest, Snoop Dogg, De La Soul, Dr. Dre, The Fat Boys, LL Cool J, Roxanne Shanté, Guru. In junior high, I went to a school that bussed in kids from South Central and I felt connected to them in a way I didn’t feel connected to the suburban kids. The realness of their life, they struggled like I struggled as a kid. ”

VIDEO: Jordy Towers - Don't Say It's Over

No comments: