Saturday, August 25, 2007

"Pain & Paper"...The Godmother Lil' Mo is back!!!

For all those that are as eager as I am to hear this album, I'll start off by saying it is...it's due to release on August 28th. Pain & Paper...the content and vocals on this album is so serious, I got an "AttaTood". (These two topics are something that you deal with on a regular basis (Well, I do...rather). After reviewing this album, I give this sh*t NINETY-FIVE TONGUEZ UP!! Not that I expected her to come with anything less than seriousness...everything she drops, gives me goosebumps. She is sooooo damn in tune with the beat, her feelings towards the words that she's spitting, and her vocals skills. With Mz. Meezy writing 14 out of the 17 tracks on this album AND doing ALL vocals on this album...background, front-ground and ALL, she shuts Beeshes down in the game right now. How many of these heifers can hold a torch to that???...I'll wait...OoO. They're good performers, this chick is seriouso.

Lil' Mo has been in the music industry for a while now. Her voice stood out so much on "Hot Boyz - Miss Elliott/Da Real World", it had everyone like "Who the hell...??". From that point on, she has performed with as well as written for several artist in the music industry. She released her debut album "Based On a True Story" in 2001, which included her hot single "Superwoman (Part II) Remix" featuring Fabolous. That whole album was a banger...I mean the whole damn album. I ran that album in the hole...(I got it down packed to the point that I know on track #5 "Player Not The Game" with her and Carl Thomas, they inhale after every bar in the chorus...Trust me, the album is serious.) But after that single, they stopped giving her the attention that she deserved.

In 2003, she came back with another banger "4 Ever" featuring Fabolous from her second album titled "Meet The Girl Next Door". <~Another banger, might I add!!! This album is fire...a definite must have. She came back after having her first child and put her everything into this project. Mo has this track on the album called "Doing Me Wrong", she put her foot....toes, toenails, heel-backs and all in this one. This is a track that was written by Miss Elliott...I guess Mo was in the booth soOo feeling the words that she was singing, she ad lib at the end thanking Missy and everything. She is really no joke with her sh*t. =0*. They slept on this album too, she's not being recognized enough for me. They need to recognize!!! =0

Mo is now signed to an independent label called "HoneyChild, Inc.", which I believe is the label that she owns. (Go 'Head, Meezy!!!) She has a single out titled
"Sumtimes I" featuring Jim Jones. Of course, I like it...but tell me whatchu think about it...
PRESS PLAY!!!

**As I've mentioned earlier, the album is in stores (Hot Waxx...Shameless Plug..=0) on this Tuesday, August 28th.**


**PAIN & PAPER IS DEFINITELY A YOUNG JEEZY FEATURING R. KELLY..."GO GETTA!"...IT'S WORTH THE $15...COP THE ALBUM!!!**


No comments: