Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Essense of Mary J. Blige!!!

You gotta love Mary!!! She graces this cover like no other. If she's truly happy, then I'm happy for her. Mary has been through the storm (Not that she has told me personally.) Lyrically, she's told me the 411, her life (My Life), she's shared her world, how she didn't want any more drama, about love & life to now breaking through. Personally, I don't really care about Mary J. and Kendu's romantic situations.That is NOT my business!!!

Mary J. says "Success is nothing without someone you love to share it with." In the beginning of her career, Mary J. Blige wore relationship abuse and heartbreak on her sleeve. Today, after 15 years in the game, she prides herself on being free from all that drama. Here, in an intimate portrait inspired by scenes from the movie Mahogany, Mary J. and her husband, Kendu Isaacs, open up about their courtship and marriage and how breaking through Mary's pain brought them to love.

Sounds good to me, M.J.B.!!! To read more, pick up this months issue of Essence...Talk to me...

No comments: