Sunday, June 10, 2007

Good Girl Gone Garbage...

(Blows breath...) After the long anticipated wait for this album (Especially, after the whole image change), I am soooo upset at the outcome of this. Let's not get it twisted, I was NEVER a fan or follower of Rihanna. I always liked the single that they may have forced me to like after playing it eleventeen times. But as far as purchasing or getting into her full album, I knew I couldn't do it. So, after hearing the "Caviar Beat" with Jay riding the track which is "Umbrella"...as well as the big hype of this "Good Girl Gone Bad", I thought the album would be kind of hot. Unfortunately, I was burning.

The first song to grab your attention is "Umbrella"...and then it's all downhill from there. The whole rest of the album is GARBAGE. I was kind of embarassed that I was playing it out loud (I should have iPod listened to it first), people were looking at me like, UmM...what the hell is this?? Most of the songs had me really thinking..."Did they listen to this album before they shrink wrapped the plastic on this trash??" Maybe it's catering to a different ear, definitely not the ears I'm using. I know she'll be somewhere on the charts this week (Due to everyone anticipating bangers). So kudos to her for whatever position she happens to fall in. But in my opinion, they need to pull these puppies right off the shelf, and lock her ass in the studio (She needs a do over, badly!!!) The whole "Good Girl Gone Bad" image, album and all....is a joke. Try again, "Little Miss Sunshine".

*UPDATE* Little Miss Sunshine has made it to #3 on the charts. Must also be anticipation sales...now everyone's tight, trying to sell their copy. (I have a couple of copies for sale too, hit me up...)

No comments: