Monday, March 19, 2007

I thought I was the only one tired of Beyonce!!!

Apparently, I'm not the only one. Rod Stewart's ex-wife, model Rachel Hunter is upset with celebrities such as Beyonce Knowles for "ruining the hopes of young girls who want to become professional models." The 37-year-old continues "the 1980s era of high-profile supermodels gracing runways and magazine covers around the world are over." Hunter fears for the careers of young models who want to be the next Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell, because their efforts are being overshadowed by film and music stars, including Knowles. She speaks with Australian newspaper The Daily Telegraph, "For years now we have seen people on the covers of magazines that aren't models, they are actresses and it's disappointing." She also states, "Sports Illustrated this year had Beyonce Knowles on the cover. What's left for young girls to aspire to if they want to be models? Not much!"
Now, when I first saw this cover, I said to myself, "What the hell is she doing on there?? They're pumping her harder than a full service gas station." Every where you look, it's BE-DAMN-YONCE. It's like they're taking the taste out of everything. Back in the days (I know I always refer to this but that is what I can refer to, as far as real is concerned), I didn't remember seeing as many Singers/Rappers on the covers of magazines or having their own clothing/sneaker/jewelry/liquor line. They focused more on their craft/talent. I know that everything is a hustle and you have to make money. But how do the little people get in where they fit in??? The ones that grow up wanting to be a Model, Fashion Designer or Actress/Actor. Those jobs are being taken by people in the spotlight already. Where are the Angela Bassett's??? Where are the Donatello Versace's??? Where are the Iman's??? I'm tired of seeing the Beyonce's in "Dreamgirls", the Jay-Z's in "Rocawear", the Brooke Hogan's in "Rip the Runway". Maybe, if they focus on what their craft is, instead of trying to get the most endorsement deals, they can sell more records. (Or make better records, that's worth the $20 that's charged, instead most folks buying the bootlegs or burning it online.)

No comments: