Monday, April 2, 2007

Oh Boy...Who has a sweet tooth??? "Pastry Footwear Cake Collection"

Vanessa and Angela Simmons, the daughters of Rev. Run, a member of rap group, "Run DMC", are introducing a new line of footwear inspired by their favorite pastries dubbed the Pastry Footwear Cake Collection.

I understand that everybody has to get their hustle on, but are they serious with this one?? UmM, who are you?? They are "Rev. Run's children...AND?? I mean where was Rev. Run and his family prior to MTV?? And now these chicks have a sneaker deal?? HUH?? I'm lost with that one. I remember when there was a time when only the athletes were trying to get endorsement deals, i.e. "Ewings", "Pippens", "Barkleys", "Griffens"...and I can keep going. Now the daughters of a Reverend have a sneaker line.

Anyway, cake flavours chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, red velvet and sprinkles are the inspiration for the four shoe designs of the same names.The shoes will be decked out in fun colors inspired by their cake namesakes and come with a matching attached lip gloss.

A behind-the-scenes look at launching the footwear will be aired on MTV during the next season of "Run's House".

1 comment:

d0m0 said...

Where do I start, where do I begin? I'm all for different types/designs of sneakers, but those(I can't even call them sneakers) are making a mockery of the game. They need to stop playing with them old school revamped Dada/bowling shoes. But I agree 100% before the show nobody knew about all 500 of the runs but now everybody trynna be a entrepreneur after they got a show on MTV. Please get outta here if they was so die hard about fashion(and that was their "passion") then why didn't they have shoes, a magazine etc. or atleast be trying to get it, before the show?!?